To my Little Mouse. My skunkaroo.
Where has the time gone? How did we already get to your 5th Birthday?
I am amazed and astonished by you. You make me, and everyone who crosses your path, smile every day. You are a bundle of joy, and your zest for life is contagious.
And your smile can pretty much get you whatever you want.
And you know it, too!
You still teeter between big girl and toddler, depending on what you want, where you are and how close it is it your bedtime. But for the most part, you’re a big girl who loves your sister, your friends, school, playing and singing.
I love that you run to the door to give everyone hugs and kisses before we have to go out, how you stick your tongue out of your mouth when you concentrate on doing homework or the fact that your favourite stuffed animal is that seal you got at SeaWorld almost 2 years ago.
You look up to your sister, and can’t wait to play with her. The two of you, sitting head to head, sharing your toys, making up voices, dressing up, singing and more. Nothing makes me happier than hearing the two of you lost in play together.
You love pizza, and like your daddy would eat it every day if we let you. You also love cucumbers and chocolate.
Your favourite songs include Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars, Somebody to You by The Vamps, Bad Blood by Taylor Swift, Cheerleader by OMI and the entire Up All Night album from One Direction. You sing with gusto whenever any of these songs come on.
You hate to clean, and will find any way possible to get out of it. You have zero interest in keeping things organized, which drive your sister and father crazy.
I can’t believe you are five. It feels like yesterday that you were just a little baby in my arms.
I thought I’d have a little fun with her, so I asked her 20 Questions:
- What is your name? The Little Mouse
- How old are you?: 5!
- What grade are you in? SK? No! I can’t remember which one. Wait! I’m in JK!
- What is your favouite colour? Purple
- What is your favourite food? Chocolate ice cream cake.
- What is your favourite dessert? Chocolate cupcakes. Also chocolate cake!
- What is your favourite song? The Vamps, Girls on TV
- What is your favourite TV show? Gravity Falls
- What is your favourite movie? The Chipmunks
- What is your favourite toy? Shopkins
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A Shopkins maker. I want to build my own little Shopkins, paint them with different colours and put them in a box and then people can buy it!
- At what age does a person become an adult? 20
- If you could change one rule we have as a family, what would it be? (She didn’t really understand this question, however I think if she did she would extend the 1 hour rule on the tablets.
- What is something that makes your family special? That mommy and daddy hug and kiss us and do lots of special things for us.
- Are you a good friend? Why? Because I am nice to people.
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid? It’s hard to hold a real glass on my own so I don’t break it.
- What is your favourite place in the whole world? (She whispered to her sister and asked her what the place was called where they went with her cousins. The Little Bird whispered back the cottage and then the Little Mouse answered) Playcious. (an indoor playground)
- What is the best thing about being you? That I have a sister. And I have lots of toys.
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? To live in a Shopkins house 2. To have lots of candy. 3. If Santa could bring me even more toys.
- Now that you are 5, what do you think you can do now that you couldn’t do when you were 4? I’m going to be able to reach high things!
You made us laugh with these answers. As you do for most things.
We all love you so much, Little Mouse and hope you have an amazing day today, filled with fun, chocolate, and good times.
And yes, Shopkins too!